You can apply directly here: https://jobs.lever.co/oxygen/f42d0c4d-9ea2-4935-b331-b72cc27f2750
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking and Products for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
Oxygen might be the most challenging and the most rewarding professional experience of your career. Start-ups and early-stage high-growth companies are not for everyone. We are building something new and exciting, very impactful, but challenging and complex. If you get an adrenaline rush from operating in dynamic multi-product environment, going 200 MPH, this may be the opportunity you’re looking for.
About the Role:
We are looking for a strategic, innovative, and experienced leader to serve as our Chief Marketing Officer to join our fast-growing team. This role is a thought leader and expert at leading and driving the corporate strategy formulation and execution and market expansion of our products. As the brand custodian, the role will be accountable for driving a customer-centric culture that causes happy customers to be our greatest marketing team.
Reporting to the CEO, the individual will work with other members of the leadership team and product team to define, prioritize and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy for the company, from development to optimization. The role will also ensure alignment and collaboration in achieving the company’s strategic brand objectives.
The successful candidate will be the driving force behind building a customer-centric culture at all levels of the company. As the customer advocate, they’ll be the voice defending the perspective of the customer at all times as we evolve, grow and scale.
The CMO is a critical role at Oxygen and presents a an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right individual. You will be coming in at a unique juncture for the company and need to have enough skill, experience and self-confidence to get the job done but not so much ego that it gets in the way.
- Drive performance and realization of strategic objectives by increasing brand awareness
- Collaborate with the product and operations functions to update customer UX/UI, ensuring new features are being understood and adopted accordingly, support future product innovation and go to market strategy to optimize revenue growth.
- Develop and implement comprehensive programs for the company to include brand marketing, product marketing, field marketing, marketing technology, demand generation, digital media, and education initiatives.
- Provide rigorous data and usage analysis to inform market and brand positioning and guide platform development.
- Manage the creation and production of inspiring design, content, and campaigns that build the Oxygen brand and ensure its consistency across all markets.
- Establish an effective customer experience monitoring and control framework and toolset to govern the formulation, development, execution and oversight of customer experience.
- Build a holistic view of the customer to drive a deeper understanding of customer needs, satisfaction, and their overall experience.
- Build and optimize Oxygen portfolio of marketing and customer engagement channels including content marketing & SEO, paid advertising, public relations to grow community engagement and feature adoption.
- Integrate the customer experience monitoring and control framework to the product design, development and management framework.
- Build and optimize a digital community engagement flywheel model to earn engagement and loyalty to the Oxygen brand.
- Build and scale the team as we reach different milestones of the growth journey.
- Promote the company as an innovator to the press and public, and oversee outbound communications across our website, blog, social media channels and the media world in general.
- Handle corporate communications to deliver a brand-consistent message.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Strategy, Communications or other Business related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 15+ years working in one or more of the following domains: fintech, financial services, technology marketing or sales, with significant engagement with Executive Management for at least 7 years.
- Track record of leading multi-product/multi-channel initiatives and developing effective and creative customer acquisition strategies.
- Demonstrates solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business.
- Proven, enthusiastic and creative leadership style that inspires and motivates others; Able to envision and inspire teams to pursue higher order goals.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions and to communicate effectively with customers, contractors, vendors and other departments.
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal and demonstrated critical thinking skills; Ability to communicate effectively with all internal business partners and external customers
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, fostering cooperation and alignment across teams; Exert influence appropriately.
- Excellent time management skills; Ability to react and respond to the critical demands of the department with competing deadlines
- Excellent technical skills must be able to use both PC and Mac operating systems and proficient in google suite products, data analysis and internet technologies
- Have experience in hyper-growth, start-up environment
- Prior experience with retail and SMB customers
- Prior experience with CRM platforms such as Intercom, Zendesk and Salesforce
- Prior experience leading across global and multicultural teams
- Show an appreciation for nuance and a desire to build consensus in a diverse and multicultural environment
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Equity in a high growth Fintech startup.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and HSA.
- Paid time off, sick leaves, paid maternal leave, and paid paternal leave.
- 401(K) and retirement planning.
- A great startup in banking with proven growth potential.
- Lots of autonomy and massive career growth opportunities for the go getters.
If you have read this far, not only should you have a very good idea of what/who we are looking for but you also recognize we are searching for a Unicorn, not a perfect Unicorn, just a really good one that can help us to get better and we can help to make them better through this opportunity. As we said earlier, start-ups and early-stage high-growth companies are not for everyone. This will be a great opportunity for someone who wants to be an integral part of the leadership team that is building something very special.
Oxygen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.