You can apply for the job directly here: https://apply.workable.com/fortanix/j/DADFFD3D74/
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
As the CMO, you will lead and grow the marketing function at Fortanix, building market leadership and sales pipeline as you do. Fortanix technology has the power to fundamentally reshape data security for enterprises and governments around the world. This will require working in collaboration with the Product and Sales organizations you create the market awareness of what is possible and the market demand for the solution. Responsibilities include the full breadth of marketing activities:
- Positioning and Product Marketing. Establish differentiated and sustainable company and product leadership, anchored in Fortanix technology innovations.
- Demand Generation. Define overall demand generation strategy and then oversee execution of demand programs that measurably contribute to the sales pipeline.
- Sales Enablement. Ensure that sales team and channel partners have the tools and training they need for success at each step of the sale process.
- Market Awareness. Serve as a senior spokesperson and thought leader for Fortanix for press, analysts, and industry events.
- Marketing Operations. Oversee the systems and processes required to support a metrics-driven marketing function.
- Voice of the Customer. As a member of the executive team, continually represent the feedback of customers and marketplace into the company.
- Business Planning. Assist in the ongoing evaluation of market opportunities and positioning to maximize opportunities for future growth.
- 10+ years marketing and leadership experience, with clear progression to senior roles.
- Experience working in a startup company environment. You'll need to both think strategically and get your hands dirty building out your plans.
- Demonstrated success in developing and establishing company leadership in a new market category, as well as ongoing strategic positioning.
- Direct experience in Product Marketing for technical solutions sold to enterprise buyers. Hands-on experience in other marketing disciplines is a plus -- the more the better.
- Ability to manage a metrics-driven mix of outbound marketing and demand generation activities.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with sales teams and product teams to identify and develop best market opportunities. History of direct engagement with customers very helpful.
- IPO experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to be a visible public spokesperson for the company.
- Track record of growing, managing, and motivating a team of top marketing talent.
- BS/BA required (or equivalent work experience); MBA highly preferred.
What we offer:
- We offer a collaborative work environment, amazing equity, great benefits, competitive salary, and the opportunity to redefine cloud computing.
- Unlimited PTO (it’s between you and your work!)
- Friendly culture that brings the best out of everybody
- 401k (no matching)
Fortanix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast-growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply.